Green B2B Listings on Starting Up Green
One of the best parts about writing “75 Green Businesses” and working on the Starting Up Green site (www.StartingUpGreen.com) is the great group of green entrepreneurs I get to talk to. Some are starting and building their business and can use some help working through the challenges they encounter along the way. Others provide goods and services other businesses need, just what green entrepreneurs are looking for to realize their vision of making money and making a difference.
I’m building Starting Up Green as the meeting place for these two groups, where green businesses providing services and those who need them can find each other and connect, helping each other out.
What kind of services do people need and where can they find them?
- Opportunities – One place to look is my book “75 Green Businesses”, and another is the great book by Scott Cooney, “Build a Green Small Business”.
- Green Operations – Make your website carbon neutral with CO2Stats.com, or make your whole business carbon neutral with Terrapass.
- Marketing and Public Relations – See the recent posting “Promises, Promises - Hiring the Right PR Firm” by David Mleczko, Co-founder of SignatureGreen Public Relations and Marketing
- Financing – For loans less than $25,000, peer to peer lending with Lending Club
- Banking – Green banking with ShoreBank Pacific, or New Resources Bank
- Legal – As the first certified green law firm Wendel, Rosen, Black, & Dean can provide unique assistance to other green businesses.
- Insurance – Green Business Insurance specializes in meeting the insurance needs of green businesses, recognizing the unique advantages
- Recruiting – As a business grows, it often needs to recruit new talent to reach the next level. Dawn Dzurilla of Gaia Human Capital Consulting makes it happen.
You can always Google and work your network to find all of these pieces and sort through them, but having everything in one place makes it easier. If you have a service, get in touch with me to get listed on the Starting Up Green site. If you are looking for a service, check out Starting Up Green or get in touch with me by email – many people and businesses I’ve talked to are not listed on the site yet.
Most of all, keep on greening.
Glenn Croston is the author of “75 Green Businesses You Can Start to Make Money and Make a Difference“, the founder of Starting Up Green (www.StartingUpGreen.com), the expert blogger on green business for Fast Company, and the author of “Starting Up Green” coming out this fall, a how to guide to green business success.